Monday, November 26, 2007

November Days

It was fun posting up that old trip and reliving some of the memories. In the many thousand miles since then I have learned so much about riding it scares me to think I rode from Seattle to Anchorage as a complete noob. That first summer I remember the challenge and excitement of the curves between Anchorage and Girdwood. Now I ride that same rode and enjoy the scenery. The road feels a lot straighter now that twisties are something I look forward to. I'm still short and my bike is still big and heavy, but I've learned to slide off the seat so I can reach the ground. Stopping isn't a challenge any more, and the number of pictures I take has gone way up. I still get a silly grin from ear to ear almost every time I ride.

Now that it is November, and the bike is in the garage for the year I have to sit back and relive my rides. Most of my posts during these non-riding (for me) months will be old ride reports, with the occasional motorcycle related thoughts thrown in from time to time. Once I get going on the subject of riding gear made for real women adventure riders, not teeny boppers, and not leather and fringed up Hell's Angel wanna be's...watch out! It is a huge pet peeve for me that most women's gear is just sized down men's gear or jackets that fit a size 000 and end at the waist. But I'll save that rant for another time.

No comments: