Thursday, April 10, 2008

Kansas City to Nebraska and a Problem Credit Card

We left Kansas City, MO and almost immediately crossed into the state of Kansas. We spent most of the day on route 36 that runs East to West across the Northern part of the state. We rode the Pony Express Hwy, and stopped at the geographic center of the lower 48 states. That was all fun. Having Bobby lose his credit card shortly there after was not fun. It was even less fun when my credit card refused to go through and after 30 minutes on the phone with my credit card company I found out my bank had changed its electronic routing code, so none of my payments had gone through since February! Think maybe someone should have notified me???? Anyway, we got that mess figured out, so now all is well. We stopped for the night in North Platt, Nebraska. Seeing all the history references along the way, I couldn't help but flashing back to younger days reading Little House on the Prairie and such books. Strange how those names come back when you're seeing them in person.










Day 26

No comments: